Working in this space is likely to be (and feel) different from work you do in other organisations, spaces and groups.
Some of this is because of the emerging nature of the technology we're working with, some of it is a consequence of finding a way together (in a virtual environment), and some of it relates to trying out new norms and practices that reflect the direction of where we want to go, not where we've come from.
While not in any way prescriptive, here are a few navigation principles that are indicative of how people are finding their feet around here, and contributing to the development of SuperBenefit.
- If you're choosing to be part of SuperBenefit, you're choosing to be part of an experiment with a direction - a better future.
- There's lots of unknowns and new relationships to navigate. Humility is our friend in this wilderness.
- To get anywhere, we'll need to move quickly - this will require probing what might be, seeing how ideas play out, and then changing and adapting as we go. So, we'll need to hold everything lightly.
- Nothing is permanent. Let's aim for what's good for now, as long as we avoid any unhelpful path dependencies.
- We rely on people being proactive. If you see a need, call it out and act on it.
- Enquiry is orientation. How might we? How could we? Why would we? How will we?
- It's like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.' Despite all the bells and whistles, let's stay concentrated on the big idea and real-world transformation.